Once a week, I aim to cut meat out of my meals. Last week for Meatless Monday, I pulled together this quick grain salad made with nutty farro, sweet golden raisins, pistachios, fresh herbs and a simple lemon vinaigrette. Enjoy throughout the week as a side dish, take to work for a not-sad desk lunch, or top with a combination of roasted and raw vegetables for a custom grain bowl.
Farro Salad with Pistachio, Golden Raisins and Fresh Herbs
- Sea salt
- Half of a lemon
- 1 pack of farro, I used this one from Trader Joe's (cooking time, 10 minutes!)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted pistachios
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (use a combination of your favorite, mint, parsley, cilantro or even arugula for a peppery flavor)
- Bring a medium-sized saucepan of salted water to boil.
- Add farro and cook following instructions on package, drain well and set aside in a large bowl.
- Make vinaigrette: combine olive oil, the juice of half a lemon and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add dressing to warm farro, then combine pistachios, golden raisins and and toss well.
- Allow to cool before serving and fold in fresh herbs.
What are your favorite Meatless Monday meals? Share them with me in the comments and see below for more #SHCooks recipes.